[TYPO3] Graphical Chinese characters
Nagita Karunaratne
2008-03-05 02:12:09 UTC
Has anybody used Chinese fonts to create graphic headers?

For example, I took one of these fonts (TTF) and tried to create
graphics headers with it but no luck.

http://www.wazu.jp/gallery/Fonts_ChineseTraditional.html

Would I have to install the Chinese BE language as well?

Thanks.
Thorfinn
2008-03-06 11:59:33 UTC
Hi Nagita.

I have done it once, using the font "simsun.ttc" (Can be found on the
net)
I tried several fonts too, which didn't work.
Note: the size of the SimSun font, is around 10Mb, if you plan on
downloading it..

In order for Chinese language to work in FE, I set those, but I don't
think it has any effect on the GIFBUILDER generated images

config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = ZH_cn
config.htmlTag_langKey = ZH_cn
config.locale_all = cn